Faith Baptist Church is a group of people committed to Jesus and to one another. Our church family includes businessmen and factory workers, teachers and students, homemakers and retirees, men and women, boys and girls all united under Jesus. Our Core values, mission statement, and beliefs reveal the foundation upon which the entire church is built.
Our Core Values
Focus on God.
Authority of Scripture.
Help Family and Friendships.
Mission Statement: Follow and Lead Others to Follow Christ
The Faith Baptist Church Mission Statement is a simple, concise declaration of what we are all about. Following Christ may be simple, but it is never easy. Jesus said, “Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me” (Mark 8:34). To follow Jesus always means a cross. The cross is our symbol of the characteristics of a fully-functioning follower of Christ.
- Upward – Worship
Expressing Love for God
- Downward – Evangelism
Leading Others to the Saving Knowledge of Jesus
- Side – Fellowship
Loving other Christians Deeply
- Side – Ministry
Serving Christ by Serving Others
- The Center – Discipleship
Growing to be like Christ
These are the essential beliefs of Faith Baptist Church.
This church receives the New Testament as an all-sufficient basis of doctrine and practice. Everything that Faith Baptist Church does is founded upon the Truth set forth in the Bible, which is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12). Because the essential beliefs serve as the bedrock of our ministry (Matthew 7:24), all members and everyone involved in our ministry is expected to act in a manner that promotes and supports these beliefs. It is also expected of all ministry workers, participants, and those who use Faith Baptist facilities to support the spiritual purpose of our church or ministry and behave in accordance with those purposes.
- We believe in one God, maker of heaven and earth, and eternally existent as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Genesis 1:31)
- We believe the Bible, composed of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s inspired and infallible Word. It is inerrant and is the authority for conduct, belief, and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, and in His miracles, His substitutionary death on the cross through His shed blood for mankind and paid for the sins of the world. He rose bodily from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will return to earth in power and glory. (John 1:1-3,14; Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:5-9; Colossians 1:15; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Acts 1:11)
- We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit, that His present work is to reveal Jesus Christ to people, to regenerate those who believe, and that He indwells Christians to mediate the life of Jesus Christ in them. (John 14:16-19; 16:7-15; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 8:9,11; Titus 3:5; Eph. 4:11-16)
- We believe people were created in the image of God. Through Adam all people obtained a sin nature which produces sin. Because of sin, all people in their natural condition are separated from God and are under the wrath and condemnation of God. Since God created mankind into genders distinctly male and female, we believe that the only legitimate marriage is that between a man and a woman. He has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage. We believe that God disapproves and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 1:26; 2:24; 19:5,13; 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Isaiah 59:2; Rom. 1:26-29; 3:23; 7:2; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 7:1; Eph. 5:22-23; I Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4).
- We believe people may be saved from the wrath of God, be forgiven of sin, be justified by the righteousness of Jesus Christ, and be reconciled to God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and are eternally secure in Him. This salvation is a free gift of God’s grace to all who believe. (Ephesians 1:4; 2:8-10; Romans 8:28-30; 10:9-10,13; 2 Peter 3:9, John 3:16; 10:29-30; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 5:11-13)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life in Heaven, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation in Hell. (John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ. We believe the church, as a local body, was commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to make disciples of all nations. We believe the two ordinances in the church are baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper and are representations of the Lord’s death and resurrection for the believer. (Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25; Matthew 26:26-29; 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32)